WHAT IS COVID – 19?
A coronavirus type that is new to humans causes COVID – 19. From person to person and by droplets, it spreads. Those droplets may land in nearby people’s mouths or noses. A novel coronavirus causes COVID 19 now known as severe acute respiratory coronavirus 2 syndromes (SARS-CoV-2). It was first identified in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.
It was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. On 30 January 2020, the WHO declares it as a global health emergency of international concern. The WHO declares it as a global pandemic on 11 March 2020. The clinical manifestations include Fever, Dry Cough, Tiredness, Aches and Pains, Nasal Congestion, Headache, Conjunctivitis, Sore Throat, Diarrhoea, Loss of Taste or Smell, Rash on Skin and last but not least Discolouration of Fingers or Toes.
10 QUICK TIPS ABOUT COVID – 19
- These droplets are too large to fly high into the air-they move just about 1 meter and settle easily on the surface.
- This is the reason why a person to person spread mostly happens between close contacts.
- We don’t know, the exact time the virus will live on the surface.
- Therefore, it is wise to regularly clean surfaces particularly in the vicinity of people infected with COVID 19.
- Undoubtedly, Hands touch other areas that are potentially infected with the virus.
- Eye, nose or mouth touching is avoided since contaminated hands can transfer the virus to us from the surface.
- Cover the mouth and nose with an elbow bend, or using a disposable tissue, when coughing or sneezing.
- Immediately dump a tissue it into a closed container, after its use.
- The most successful way of avoiding the spread of in particular, the new coronavirus is to periodically scrub the hands with an alcohol-based hand rubbing or soap and water.
- When it is present on your skin, that will, in particular, kill the virus.
So, to know more about COVID – 19: Click here